Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Plans

This new year is starting off pretty good.  I hate January, I hate the cold bitter winter that always seem to last forever.  This year it hasn't been too bad, but old man winter will come.  Slowly but surely.  What I do love about January is tax season.  I look forward to my refund since there are a million things I could do with the money.  I e-filed yesterday and sent it on its merry way.  I used turbo tax free edition and filed my federal taxes for free.  I usually purchase the Home and Business version of turbo tax, but you know what?  The free edition was EXACTLY the same.  It doesn't offer you the "audit support," but I was more than happy to save the money and file for free. 

On a different note......food.  I haven't been doing to well on the whole eating better thing.  I did (for the first time ever) buy whole wheat pasta for spaghetti.  I'm not much of a fan of wheat bread.  We always had wheat bread growing up and I always despised it.  I was quite skeptical when I bought it but I actually like it.  The kids didn't notice the difference either.  I'm sold, whole wheat pasta it is.  I noticed the kiwi fruit was on sale this week so I picked up a couple, in hopes that the boys would like them.  Not a hit.  Sahki refused to try it and Keiren didn't care for it.  My oldest two had no clue what the "little brown things" were.  Gee, I think I need to expose them to different kinds of food more often.  Looks like I'm going to be eating plenty of kiwi.

Is it summer yet?

1 comment:

  1. I've "convinced" myself to eat the whole wheat stuff and like it... but somedays I'm more convinced than others! BTW -- I gave you the "Versatile Blogger" award! http://www.ktmoxie.com/2012/02/its-honor-just-to-be-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete