Saturday, June 25, 2011

Let There Be Light

I don't really know where to begin.  I decided to start this blog as a way to vent, relate, and gather some new ideas.  Only nobody is even reading.  Yet.  I've learned a lot of things this year.  I have learned that I have not been eating real food.  Worse, I have been feeding my children "edible food-like substances."  You know what I'm talking about...... Kraft mac and cheese, Tyson chicken nuggets, Froot Loops, Twinkies.  I have even reheated our food in plastic containers.  Please don't judge me.  I know that things need to change, and I am changing them.  But this blog isn't just about food and what we eat.  It's about kids, love, separation, natural parenting, green living, atheism, and ME

I am 29 years old, I have four kids.  I am still married but we are separating.  My husband is still my bestest friend, and we still love each other.  But things are complicated.  I won't go into why things are complicated right now, but lets just say that it was my fault.  All my fault.  I am moving out in a week with my oldest two kids, and our twin boys.  I will be on my own, raising four kids in a new city.  Either I'm brave or crazy, but I'll write about it either way.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your plate is full. You may be crazy but you seem up for the challenge. I wish you well.

    It is hard enough to eat well--whole foods, balance and nutritious diets when you're a single person. So more power to you in doing it for your beautiful family.

    Yes, do live greener. It is actually quite easy. Lots of small every day changes go a long way.

    Want more traffic to your blog? Find blogs that have similar interest or subject matters and comment on them (e.g., http://www.boobiesbabiesandablog.com/). Usually that blogger will visit your blog and comment too. Just like I did :)

    Also, participating in a weekly meme can help people get to know you:

    - tmituesdayblog.wordpress.com

    - Fawk You (not a profanity) Friday - hosted by boobie, babies and a blog.

    She also has some other memes on her site:
    http://www.boobiesbabiesandablog.com/p/follow-me-back-tuesday.html

    - Sunday Seven: http://www.patrickkphillips.com/category/sunday-seven/

    and more

    I wish you the best of everything,
    - Hedone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm an atheist too...bordering agnostic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, welcome and thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does seem to take FOR-ever to get readers. I remember when I started out, I thought of it as just building up the archives (without an audience) so that people would have something to read through when they DID get here!

    ReplyDelete