Thursday, January 12, 2012

Eat Crap and Die 4

Fruit pies!!!!!!  I love apple pies but I never thought these were any good.  My mother loved these things, and I would eat them as a kid sometimes because they were in the cabinet a lot.  Even though I ate them when I was little, I don't remember ever enjoying them.  I just ate them because well, it was sweet and a dessert (and there probably weren't any better choices for dessert at the time) but in the back of my mind I always thought, "This sucks."  Which in my opinion they do, in fact, suck.

Their website states that these pies come in apple, cherry, blackberry, lemon, strawberry, and french apple? flavors.  I have only ever seen cherry, apple, and lemon flavors in my neck of the woods.  I'm not sure what the french apple would even taste like.  The only kind of pie I like is sweet potato and apple, so I certainly wouldn't give the other flavors a try.  It also looks like they changed the packaging a bit. 

If I really have a craving for a pie, I will usually pick up Sara Lee pie, or maybe one from the bakery.  If I need a really quick fix, I find that apple pies from McDonald's aren't too bad and they're pretty cheap.  I mean if you're going to eat crap, shouldn't it at least taste good?!??  I just never understood the appeal of these pies.

I tried to find some ingredient and nutritional information about these pies but I couldn't find any.  Until next week.......

No comments:

Post a Comment