Friday, July 29, 2011

Deadbeat

I hate my baby daddy.  I hate, hate, hate, him.  I wish he would disappear.  He is such a loser, such a degenerate, so selfish, so irresponsible.  I can't help but wonder what kind of influence he is having over our two kids.  I wonder how they feel about having a father who is clearly such a loser.  I feel bad writing this as they may read this blog, but they are old enough to know anyway.  They deserve much better than what their father does for them.  He can't offer them anything except love, which is nice but it takes so much more than that to raise a child.  I know that he loves them, but the problem is that he loves himself more.  His needs/wants will ALWAYS trump their needs.  He puts himself before everything and everyone, and you just can't be a good parent (or a good person in general for that matter) when your world is all about you.  If he knows that somebody else will take care of it then he won't do it.  It doesn't matter if it his responsibility, if he can get out of having to act like an adult he sure as hell will try.   

I just recieved a letter in the mail telling me I have to go to court.  Again.  At first I thought he was suing me for custody (again), but instead he wants his child support lowered.  Now, this wouldn't be so annoying if he actually paid child support.  He hasn't paid a dime of child support in the past 18 months, and I only recieved a payment then because the state seized his tax return.  If the state would not have seized it, I never would have gotten that either.   This man has paid about $3,000 (this is a generous figure) in child support in the past 6 years.  He never provided for them when we were together either, all the responsibility has always fell on me.   His child support is already VERY LOW, I don't see how it could get any lower.  His support order is less than $300 per month for TWO children.  I have a phone bill that is more than $300 (thank you kids...ughh) He doesn't help out in other ways either.  I buy all their clothing, school supplies, pay for activities, you name it I pay it. 

I hate him because now I have to take time out of my day to go to court over child support that he isn't going to pay anyway.  He wants the support order reduced by 20%  and he wants everything he owes that is in arrears reduced as well.  He claims he has been on SSI since 2009 so he doesn't owe as much as they claim he should owe.  I have known for a while that he is recieving SSI, and I also know that he is cheating the system and that he does work under the table.  He has always been manipulative, a scammer, always looking to cheat the system anyway he can.  I will surely bring these issues up in court, and even though I know he will never pay any amount of support, it will be a cold day in hell before I let him walk away scott free because he is claiming to be "disabled."  He has three additional children and another baby on the way, so he isn't too disabled to procreate but he is certainly too disabled to seek and maintain employment so that he could help contribute financially for the children his disabled body managed to make.       

I really don't understand these "parents" who think that they shouldn't have to do anything.  This is the last thing I want to deal with right now.  Money is very tight for me right now, and with school rapidly approaching I know it means new clothes, school supplies, and school fees.  I also need to scrape together money to get them in to the dentist and eye doctor before school starts.  But who cares about what they need, as long as he has some extra cash that's all that matters.  But wait....he doesn't even pay and he's not going to!  Whether his support order is $50 or $500, it wouldn't matter.  Not only does he not pay me, but now he is going to waste a great deal of my time and gas for money that he doesn't pay anyway.  Fawk you deadbeat!

3 comments:

  1. ugh, ugh. what a mess. I'm sorry you have to go through this. And to think he has 4 other kids to "pay" for... hopefully it ends soon and you and your family can move on.

    (thanks for stopping by my blog!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he figures it out soon for your sake and for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work for a center that assisted disabled clients. I learned how the child support system works in the courts. The parent burdened with the obligation of paying child support must pay at least 20% of monthly earnings, regardless of the nature of the earnings (work, SSI, whatnot).

    I hope that by sharing this information with you, you are empowered to get that 20% every month. Also...you can go to SSA (Social Security Administration) and let them know he was ordered to pay child support and you are not getting any per month. They will give you paperwork to take to the courts so the courts can enforce the garnishment.

    Since he hasn't paid in a long while, SSA may drastically reduce monthly "handout" to him until he is caught up. I once had a client who had to sue the father of her daughter for child support. He tried to petition the court to get the government to pay more into his daughter's SSI instead. The court saw through his ruse and ordered him to pay 20%.

    He foolishly admitted that he already has 3 other kids to support and cannot afford to pay 20% out of his SSI to each kid for 80% total. Cried big time. A clerk ran his name through the records and discovered he wasn't paying support on other 3 kids too. Oops. LOL

    ReplyDelete